ROSTOV-ON-DON – There is a ministry at the Christ the Savior Church that gathers single Christians every month for discussions and tea. On January 18, they talked about how to find a way out of difficult life situations. The event began with praise and worship to God. This was followed by a short fun game. The meeting continued with a traditional tea party. Guests shared their news and testimonies of God's help in their lives.
Pastor Victor Shvedov and his wife Lyudmila recalled the topic of toxic relationships, which aroused a great response at the last meeting. This time they suggested to talk about how to behave in difficult life situations and not become a victim in a relationship. Participants of the event expressed their opinion on the topic and shared their specific situations.
As a result, they came to the conclusion that at the stage of premarital relations it is important:
- to openly discuss issues of life;
- to take care of their health and undergo medical examination before marriage;
- to pay attention to disturbing signals in the behavior of the future husband or wife: aggression, manipulation, unhealthy control, propensity for violence, etc.;
- to work on yourself, to have an understanding of who you are and what your calling is;
- to learn how to build the right boundaries.
In case of complicated situations in marriage:
- not to be silent, to discuss problems, to try to find a way out together;
- to prevent the repetition of disrespectful behavior towards yourself;
- to seek help from the ministers;
- if there is a threat to life and health, go away.
To learn more about singles’ ministry and upcoming events at the Christ the Saviour Church of Rostov-on-Don, join a VK group: https://vk.com/holydate.
Media ministry of the Christ the Savior Church (Rostov-on-Don).